lichess.org
Donate

Preparing for the event of my life.

In other sports health/success plays a decisive role when quitting. Chess can be a hobby for the rest of your life.

Our old master Dr. T. once said about chess:
"A form of intellectual productiveness, therein lies its peculiar charm. Intellectual productiveness is one of the greatest joys - if not the greatest one - of human existence. It is not everyone who can write a play, or build a bridge, or even make a good joke. But in chess everyone can, everyone must be intellectually productive, and so can share in this select delight. I have always a slight feeling of pity for the man who has no knowledge of chess, just as I would pity the man who has remained ignorant of love. Chess, like love, like music, has the power to make men happy."

He had probably not collecting artificial points in mind as an evidence. Anyway, good luck!
Nothing against sound goals and aims. But working on a super-nova (hhmm!?) and ending directly afterwards as a white dwarf or a black hole isn't my beer though.

(not my cup of tea, but we Germans say that differently. Of course we do! :D)
It is not a story, just a response to your topic.

You are probably kidding with all this that you posted but just in case you are serious I explained some things to you.

Either way you got some attention and that was your goal.
Chess will be back.
The virus always stays.
We all know that.
I don't understand the point of abandoning chess completely. If you enjoy it, then I think it makes sense to keep playing. It doesn't have to be OTB tournaments. If you don't enjoy it, then what was the point of picking up chess in the first place?

Nonetheless, it's interesting to see a relatively new player participating in some very large tournaments at a very early stage in their chess career. You have two coaches as well, so you seem to be quite serious. I have also been playing chess for only about a year and a half, but you are definitely far more ambitious participating in such big tournaments. Good luck! I really hope you don't quit chess though.
#27 is right, we all know that. So just lean back and relax. ;)
@JiangoFett well then you must be super talented, Master level after 1.5 years, how did you do it? Not that I am trying to become a master but at least improve a bit faster.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.