lichess.org
Donate

Let's make a COVID analogy with CHESS

We are playing BLACK. Always a move BEHIND.
Our economy is PINNED.
Our freedom is HANGING.
We have CASTLED TOO LATE.
COVID has control of the CENTER.
COVID has more TIME than us.
Our SACRIFICES have had NO COMPENSATION so far.
Our EVALUATION is inaccurate.
Is ISOLATION a FORCED MOVE or a TIME INCREMENT? Could ISOLATION be a BLUNDER?
Are we are in CHECK?
Are we in ZUGZWANG?

I thought the United States was going to save the world, like in every apocalyptic movie I've ever watched. But they are just doing what we've already done in Europe, which has led only to death and destruction of the economy. WHAT THE HELL? Were all the movies just expensive propaganda?

Do something, dimwits. SAVE THE WORLD. Because if you don't, I don't know who else is going to do it.
Unfortunately, a dimwit is in charge.

Err, my apologies. That was offensive to dimwits.
Some European countries have been dealing with this well enough, but we should really follow the lead of places like Vietnam (which has had probably the best response to the crisis of any country), South Korea and China, that have been having great success. There's a reason why China is the second country with the most players in the Candidates Tournament even though the game is very recent there, and why these countries have done such a great job at containment even though they are extremely densely populated: good governance and a robust political system equipped to deal with crises and move forward.

So basically playing like Ding Liren, just not on Candidates.
it's a mental game... those PAWNS who give up their power in hopes to be PROMOTED have missed their win in the fact that you remain a chess piece in a 3D board.
all I know is you must take control of your BOARD that is your life... don't be driven by fear to think you're just a piece that the best that could happen to it is to get promoted... the king isn't the best piece on the board, the queen isn't the strongest piece. the way to take control of the board is in what you in the 4D and 5D world that is your mind that translates into the board as a won or a lost position do.
if you think i can teach you something it's all in your head.
get strapped this ain't no breakfast and bed.
Additionally, social distanced PAWNS that is ISOLATED PAWNS, and we all know how weak of a position that can be.
@OnceaPawnaGambit64 nice ones. I feel I've lost the little control of my life I had left and now everything I do is wrong. No matter how many effort I put in making good moves, my position either gets worse or simply doesn't improve at all. I wish I could break the board and smash it into my opponent's face. FUCK OFF, bye bye, and so on. I'm not interested in playing this game anymore. Where the fuck is the fun in being an isolated stuck pawn?
@OnceaPawnaGambit64 Honestly we've been socially isolated for some time now already, as Noam Chomsky and many others have pointed out. Just look at how everyone is attached to their phones and addicted to fantasies in the digital realm; a group of teenagers can be gathered together at a table and yet every one is looking down at their phone into their own fantasy world, oblivious to what's in front of them and to real social interaction anyway.

And besides, this call to self-isolate and practice "social distancing" due to the pandemic is only a temporary thing. What is much more concerning is how thoroughly conditioned and indoctrinated people were before the virus and will continue to be after the virus by the corporate and major media, among innumerable other problems with our societies.

I see this paranoid and hysteric talk about the "powers that be"/the bourgeoisie/the movers and shakers/whatever as being some shadowy puppet-master conspirators who manufactured this virus for social engineering, population control, or whatever as pretty myopic, though I suppose it could simply be an expression- now that we can clearly see and point to something tangible- betraying an underlying unconscious understanding that we are and have already been controlled, manipulated, isolated, suppressed, and so on.
South Korea had good Opening preparation this time for this 3rd Corona virus game, because they had a tough game VS Corona MERS in the past. World Champion Donald Trump has increased the prize fund for all the US participants. On Second Board (First board is obviously Trump) Boris Johnson is under attack, but he will win anyway, the virus is weak, humans almost always win the endgame. Team World will beat team Corona badly, Corona will win 0.01% of the games, mostly VS very ill very old weak humans with a very low rating.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.