lichess.org
Donate

Can women Chess?

@Catspaw do you want more women playing Fortnite? I'm all for equality between the sexes but I think chess is not important enough to make a fuss about - people who are interested in chess will just play it, and that also means there is a bias towards certain nationalities in chess (even clearer in less popular games like checkers). Discrimination against women in chess? That's a different issue and one that should be dealt with if existant.
Only 2% of tournament chess players are women but they make up the 3% of the worlds top 1000 players. So women are better then men right?
@soni777 My point is that by asking this question, which is self-evidently false, you make women defend their existence and their right to be on the server.

A constant chorus of "prove you deserve to be here" drives a lot of casual female players away.
You guys should actually watch the first video, it's very good. I've been subscribed to Shaun's channel for months and all his videos are great.
R u really discussing that? That is no point to argue about people's minds.. Usually fewer women are interested in chess, so it definetelly will affect the number of females in the top players list... Imagine if 10 people started to play chess today, the chance of one of them becoming a GM is pretty low, but if that number was 1000, then the chances would be higher! So that is why the world champion is not a female, because probably the woman that would be the world champion is not even interested in chess.
That kind of argument will just not motivate more women to play chess and this is a bad thing! "Chess is game for men" That is nonsense! We can play whatever we want. And WE WILL PLAY LIKE A GIRL (winning all the games) :). If you don't like it, I DON'T GIVE A SHIT. ;)

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.